Monday, March 21, 2016

Easter Egg Decorating Party for 2


My favorite thing about being a Momma is making every holiday or adventure a happy memory for my son. Of course, sometime the plan goes south, thats just life, but I'll try my best to keep it as a funny or positive memory for him. It just warms my heart thinking that when he's older he would share these traditions with his family.

Now that he is 3 years old he is at the perfect age to get involved with some more craftier traditions. Last Christmas we had our try and a gingerbread house and some baking, and he absolutely loved it.  So for Easter I decided we would give coloring eggs a "go", and threw a little "egg decorating party" for the 2 of us. #Mommysondate :)

So for this party I went super simple and just did a few mini craft stations with materials I already had. You don't have to go crazy and spend money on every little detail to make a memory special.
  • Egg dying area ( I bought a few egg coloring kits at last years "after easter clearance" but your could do this with 1/2 cup warm water, 2 Tbs white vinegar, and a few drops of food coloring)

  • Glue and scrapbook paper area ( I went with boyish pattern paper i already had and made my glue mixture with 1 TBS school glue and 2 TBS water)

  • Sticker, crayons, markers, glitter & watercolor area

  • Stamping area 


Then I just let my creative little 3 year old loose on his eggs.








We had such a fun time doing this and only had a few mishaps. Always remember don't sweating the small stuff and just be in the moment. As a Momma anything that puts a smile on your kids faces is worth the effort of putting together. :)




XOXO







No comments:

Post a Comment